The idea of keystone habits was first introduced in Charles Duhigg’s book, The Power of Habit.
According to Duhigg:
"Keystone habits are “small changes or habits that people introduce into their routines that unintentionally carry over into other aspects of their lives.”
These 5 habits can have a positive effect and the path to Better Living
- Do a few minutes of body-weight exercises as soon as you wake up (push-ups, planks and air squats, etc.)
- Every evening, make your to-do list for the next day - then forget about it for the night
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day
- Meditate for two minutes every day - do it every day; you'll notice you're calmer, happier and less self-conscious
- Every time you log onto (insert your favorite social media platform), send a message to someone you haven't spoken to in a while - reconnecting with old friends will become almost automatic
Check back next week for 5 more Keystone habits.