Coffee drinkers have suggested it for years.
Top 5 Coffee Health Benefits
- Pain Management - Two cups of coffee can cut post-workout muscle pain by up to 48%. From the Journal of Pain, March 2007.
- Increase of Fiber - A cup of brewed coffee represents a contribution of up to 1.8 grams of fiber of the recommended intake of 20-38 grams. From the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
- Liver Protection - A study in the Hepatology Journal showed that coffee lowered the liver enzyme levels of coffee drinkers. Another more recent study also showed coffee’s liver protecting benefits.
- Lower risk of Type 2 Diabetes - Those who consumed 6 or more cups per day had a 22% lower risk of diabetes. From the Archives of Internal Medicine.
- Lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease - There is considerable evidence that caffeine may protect against Alzheimer’s disease. From the European Journal of Neurology; and one recent study also isolated the compounds in roasted coffee that may be responsible for preventing the build-up of the brain plaque believed to cause the disease.